You have no items to compare.
The performance and life of your batteries can be greatly extended through the use of a correctly sized quality multistage battery charger.
The construction and chemistry of deep cycle batteries is different to that of regular car cranking batteries. As such, a battery charger intended for car batteries will, in most cases, not be suitable for charging deep cycle batteries.
A correctly configured multistage battery charger is required for sealed and wet-cell lead acid batteries to achieve full charge.
A battery charger should (as a minimum) incorporate the following charging stages:
BULK charge in which the charger delivers a high current charge which returns the battery to around 80% of full charge.
ABSORBTION charge where the charger holds the output voltage constant but allows the charge current to reduce. This stage allows the battery to absorb the remaining 20% of it's capacity.
FLOAT charge where the charger voltage is lowered to maintain the battery at full charge without risk of overcharging.
Note that the battery charger's output voltage levels for the above stages must match those specified by the battery manufacturer.
Gel and AGM batteries are generally charged and floated at slightly lower voltage levels than wet-cell batteries. Incorrect voltage selection can result in undercharging or overcharging of your batteries, both of which will reduce their performance and life.
Larger battery chargers generally incorporate another stage or operating mode called EQUALISATION (or Boost on a CTEK charger). This mode lifts the battery voltage to a higher level, such as 15V for a 12V battery, and holds it there for a period of time.....usually 2 hours.
The Equalise funtion is generally only beneficial for wet-cell batteries, but can help balance some AGM batteries. Check with manufacturer beforehand!
Holding the battery voltage at this higher voltage level causes the electrolyte to bubble vigorously which stirs it up and reduces stratification of the electrolyte. Stratification refers to different acid concentrations at different levels in the battery which reduces performance, affects Specific Gravity readings and can significantly reduce battery life.
Xantrex Truecharge multistage battery chargers and microprocessor controlled for fast and accurate charging of all deep-cycle ‘house’ batteries. A wide AC input voltage range enables proper delivery of a full three-stage charge, even when charging from less than perfect shorepower or generator power. Smart features, such as adjustable temperature compensation and independent settings for flooded, gel and AGM batteries, prevent battery damage due to overcharging, and also help extend the life of expensive batteries.
Xantrex Truecharge battery chargers are available in 10 amp, 20 amp and 40 amp versions.
- Microprocessor-controlled, multistage charging (bulk/absorption/float)
- Settings for flooded (wet) or gel lead-acid batteries
- 10 amp: Single bank charging
- 20 amp/40amp: Dual-bank charging with 2 separate DC positive terminals
- Wide voltage range operation (200-250 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Automatic 21-day top-up program when permanently connected
- Lightweight, compact size
- Optional remote LED display panel shows charge current and charger status
- Temperature compensation via selector switch or optional automatic sensor
- Durable and corrosion resistant chassis
- Equalization mode
- Over-temperature shutdown and overload protection
- Non-sparking battery connection
- Transformer isolated for safety and to protect against electrolysis
- Reverse polarity protection
- Short-circuit and surge protection
|Truecharge 10i||Truecharge 20i||Truecharge 40i|
|Output Current||10 Amps||20 Amps Continuous||40 Amps Continuous|
|Charge Voltage||13.8 - 14.8 VDC||13.8 - 14.8 VDC||13.8 - 14.8 VDC|
|Float Voltage||13.1 - 14.2 VDC||13.1 - 14.2 VDC||13.1 - 14.2 VDC|
|Equalisation Voltage||None||15.5 VDC @ 5 A max||15.5 VDC @ 5 A max|
|DC Outputs||Clip Leads||Two||Two|
|Temperature Compensation||Manual Switch||3 Settings or Optional Remote||3 Settings or Optional Remote|
|Rec. Battery Size||25 - 200Ah||100 - 400Ah||200Ah and up|
|Truecharge 10i||Truecharge 20i||Truecharge 40i|
|Operating Temperature||0 - 25°C||40°C max||40°C max|
|AC Connections||None||IEC Plug||IEC Plug|
|DC Connections||Clip Leads||Terminal Block||Terminal Block|
|Dimensions (H x W x L)||70 x 170 x 90 mm||70 x 165 x 390 mm||70 x 165 x 390 mm|
|Weight||1.6 kg||2.5 kg||3.4 kg|
Swedish company CTEK designs and develops a unique range of compact and flexible chargers for high performance batteries. Catering for both consumer and professional users, CTEK’s chargers are suitable for automotive, marine, outdoor power equipment, lawn & garden as well as recreational and off-road vehicle applications.
Through years of advanced research in battery electrochemistry and electronics, combined with cutting edge product design, CTEK has developed a very impressive range of advanced battery chargers.
CTEK battery chargers can be connected for long periods of time in protective pulse maintenance mode. The charger is safe for use with all electronics, so you don’t have to disconnect the battery from the vehicle. It’s also spark-free, short circuit-proof, and reverse polarity protected. CTEK can charge drained and sulphated batteries, even if the mains voltage is as low as 170 Volts. They are also sealed and approved for outdoor use.
The CTEK battery charger range is suitable for charging Gel, AGM or Wet Cell batteries.
ZIVAN's quality and reliable product line evolved from over 25 years of research and development in high technology switching. ZIVAN battery chargers have the ability to detect problems with the battery itself.
As batteries age, cells tend to become weak and will not charge properly. Using a standard battery charger often produces high battery temperatures resulting in the gassing and even boiling of the electrolyte. The ZIVAN battery charger uses both voltage and time limits to detect the end of each charge phase. This allows the charger to automatically switch to the next charge phase even if the battery is not responding properly. As a result the sulfation of the battery plates decreases and the life of the battery is increased, saving you money.
- High efficiency (> 85%)
- Reduced size & weight
- Shortened charge cycles
- Controlled output is independent of input voltage variations
- Electronic control to produce the exact charge profile recommended by the battery manufacturer
- Reduced investment up to 50% less than comparable charging systems
- Adaptable to every use and very flexible.
- CE certified.
- Metal case base and ABS cover.
- Coated printed circuit boards.
- ZIVAN chargers are all controlled by microprocessor and internally protected against overload, short circuit, incorrect connection and voltage transients
- Increased battery life and reduction of water usage
- ZIVAN chargers operate at 85-90% efficiency for maximum savings of electric power cost.
- Operating temperature from -20° to +50°.
- Weights and size are minimized.
|NG3 24-80||24 V||80 A||95||400-800 AH|